Please Join Us For Continuing Education Courses!
Dr. Joseph Favia
Date: August 21st, 2021
CE Hours: 8
Dr. Joseph A. Favia is a 1993 final graduate of Loyola University School of Dentistry. He has been teaching basic and advanced implant surgical procedures internationally to general dentists since 2007. He founded The Midwest Dental Institute after many requests from doctors wanting more courses presented by him. He has been providing dental surgical procedures to his patients since 2003. Dr. Favia has been providing CAD/CAM dentistry to his patients since 2002. He has spoke at the 2018 and 2020 Chicago Mid-Winter Meetings. He shows doctors how to easily integrate technology during the planning, surgical and restorative phases of dental implants. Dr. Favia is a Key Opinion Leader for multiple dental companies. Dr. Joe lives and maintains a private practice in Arlington Heights, IL with his wife and three children.
During this course Dr. Favia will discuss bone grafting techniques around simple socket grafting, ridge augmentation as well as advanced sinus lifts. He will discuss the specifi c products to utilize depending on the technique and how to implement them into your daily practice with great success.
- Bone Types/Densities
- Bone Healing Properties
- Bone Grafting Materials such as Mineralized/Demineralized Allograft Particulates
- Atraumatic Extractions
- Socket Grafting
- Onlay Grafting
- Implant Osseointegration
- Advanced Bone Graft Uses such as Blocks & Mineralized/Demineralized Allograft Particulates
Dr. Ehab Moussa DDS, MsD
Date: August 20th-21st, 2021
New Orleans, LA
CE Hours: 16
Dr. Moussa obtained his bachelor’s degree in dentistry from Alexandria University, Egypt, in 2009. He then joined his father in a specialty practice that focused on dental implant rehabilitation. In 2012, Dr. Moussa proceeded to join the periodontics fellowship program at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) in Cleveland, Ohio where he pursued his master’s degree and residency in periodontics after completing his fellowship. A year later, Dr. Moussa completed the implant restoration fellowship program at Louisiana State University in New Orleans, Louisiana.
He currently maintains a full-time position in a private practice limited to periodontal surgery and dental implant rehabilitation. Dr. Moussa has lectured nationally and internationally on topics that include hard and soft tissue augmentation around implants, periodontal-plastic surgery, and partial extraction therapy (PET).
- Understand the determinants of mucogingival health and stability around implants.
- How to diagnose soft tissue deficiencies, when to intervene, and how to treatment plan accordingly.
- Comprehend the importance of proper suturing technique and microsurgery.
- How to harvest soft tissue grafts predictably.
- Understand and visualize the step by step protocol for soft tissue techniques.
- How to avoid complications and protocols for their management